Ban Wat Sane, Kingkitsarath Rd., Luang Prabang, Laos
Tel: (856 71) 254 670
The first and still one of the most beautiful boutique hotels in Luang Prabang, the Apsara was originally a rice warehouse situated on the banks of the Nam Khan [The quieter side of town]. The Apsara is also right in the heart of the heritage village, making it the perfect place to stay. From the comfort of its large, airy bedrooms, rated by the Washington Post as "an inch beyond decadence", it's easy to explore temples and the lanes of Luang Prabang. After which you can relax on the river terrace and enjoy the spectacular views and a refreshing Beer Laos.
But that's not all, our restaurant is well known for having one of the most interesting menus in town as well as a superb wine list and the driest martinis in Laos.
All rooms are air-conditioned and face the river. The rates include breakfast and tax. To keep noise levels to a minimum The Apsara has no televisions in the rooms. We kindly ask our guests who smoke to do so on the balcony rather than in the rooms. The Apsara overlooks the Nam Khan river and the 'Big Elephant' mountain and faces east so the sunrises are spectacular.
Superior upstairs room
- These are our biggest rooms and they are in the building pictured in the middle photo of the three on our homepage. The rooms each contain a queen size bed and a day bed which can convert into a single bed for those guests requesting a twin room.
- Due to the old wooden floors and limited noise insulation we regret to advise that these rooms are not suitable for guests with children under the age of 12 years old.
Superior downstairs room
- These rooms are the same size as the superior rooms upstairs and they contain a double bed and a day bed which can convert into a single bed. The large bathrooms includes a bath tub. They are located in the same building as the superior upstairs rooms.
Standard upstairs room
- These are in the building on the left in the photo on the homepage. They are smaller but are equally comfortable with large shower spaces. Only single or double occupancy in this category
Standard downstairs room
- These rooms are the same size as the upstairs rooms but have less of a view. They contain one double bed and the bathroom has a large rain shower space. They are located in the building on the left in the photo on the homepage.
Restaurant & Bar
- Carrot, lemongrass and coconut soup. 3.00
- Cream of Cauliflower soup spiced with roasted cumin 3.00
- Slightly spicy prawn and green papaya salad with a chilli and coconut dressing 6.50
- Watercress, nashi pear, blue cheese and walnut salad 4.50
- Lao Spring Rolls served with a sweet dip and fresh herbs. 3.50
- Luang Prabang buffalo sausages served with fresh ginger, peanuts and garlic. 4.00
- Fish salad Lao style with roasted rice powder, chilli, mint and coriander 5.00
- Thai roasted aubergine salad with tomatoes, bean shoots, peanuts, chilli, mint and - coriander. 4.50
- Warm caramalised Onion tart with basil pesto 4.00
The Apsara Wine List
- Champagne and Sparkling wine
- Saumur Brut Cuvee Saphir 2000, Methode Traditionelle, Bouvet 35.00
- Taittinger Brut NV Bottle 70.00
- Taittinger Brut NV Half bottle 39.00
- Taittinger Comtes de Champagne 1995 130.00