- The centre of this natural park is located in Ho Son Commune, Tam Duong District, and 70km northwest of Hanoi.
- Located on the Tam Dao mountain range, the park covers an area of 36,883ha.
- Tam Dao National Park is endowed with the Tam Dao peak 1592m and 3 other peaks namely Thach Ban tl.388m) Thien Thi (1376m) Phu Nghia (1300m); with the beautiful spot Tay Thien; with the "Do Quyen trees" . Rhododentron simmi) forest where splendid flowers abound in Spring; with limpid Xa Huong lake; with the Silvery Water Fall in luxuriant jungle all the year round; chiefly with Tam Dao City at 950m altitude. This is a tourist and holiday resort which was considered by the French in 1902 as "an Indochina pearl" .
- Tam Dao National Park is covered by a rich flora consisting of 490 species the high classes belonging to 344 genera and 130 families. Forests abound with rare and valuable flora such as: "Sam bong' "Po mu" fokienia hodginsii) "kim giao" (polocarpus fleuryi) 'Lat hoa' (chukrasia tabularis) "Lim xanh" (Erythrophlocum fordii) "Do quyen" (Rhoclodentron simmi) "Sen mat" (Madhuca pasquieri) "Thong tre" (Podocarpus nerlifolius) (all are valuable wood).
- Tam Dao National Park is also the habitat of diversed fauna with 281 species 80 families and 26 orders belonging to 4 main classes: animals birds reptiles and amphibious ones including many rare and valuable species which are high commercial value and at the same time of important scientific research significance: white-cheeked black monkey Tam Dao snake-headed fish silver pheasant wood grouses etc...
- Tam Dao National Park is a scientific center for forest ecological research on rare and valuable flora and fauna on gene protection and on water source regulation etc... Tam Dao national Park is ready to welcome international scientists local and foreign partners who wish to enter into research/development joint ventures.
- Tam Dao National Park is really a promising area to businessmen and scientists.