- Thuan An Beach is situated in Phu Vang District, near by Thuan An Mouth, where Huong River runs to Tam Giang Lagoon and then to the sea, far from Hue 15km.
- Only 15 minutes by car, tourists are able to reach the beach. Plenty small boats, junks drift up an down the river in the left of the route, and on the right there are houses, temples, pagodas, rice field, and gardens successively spread out.
- In the beginning of the 19th century, King Minh Mang named the place as Thuan An, assigned to build Tran Hai frontier post for the defense of the Capital.
- Thuan An is a very enjoyable place for all tourists after a full day to visit Hue Citadel, mausoleums, pagodas, and Hue scenery.
- Thuan An is also the place, where Hue people gather to enjoy the fresh air and sea-bathing in summer time. Intensive activities of the beach lasts from April to September, while Hue temperature being fairly hot.
- Sometimes, tourists are very crowded, and there are not enough places for their camping. Besides sea bathing, tourists are able to visit Thai Duong Temple, where Thai Duong Goddess is very esteemed by villagers or visit the temple devoted to the whale, the sacred animal of the local people.